|We come from the ICT sector so we support the ICT sector. |
|The origins of Intech Credit Union go back more than 50 years when employees of what is now Telstra and later employees of IBM set up credit unions to provide better banking to their fellow employees. Today, we still provide better banking to people who work in the ICT sector in Australia, including employees of Telstra and IBM. Here are some of the ways we support your sector.|
- We established the Intech Scholarship in Information Technology for students at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne who can demonstrate financial or educational disadvantage.
- We also established the Intech Scholarship in Information Technology for students at the University of Technology in Sydney who can demonstrate financial disadvantage.
- We are Gold Sponsors of the prestigious iAwards in NSW and Victoria.
- We are members of the Australian Information Industry Association and many of our staff are members of the Australian Computer Society.
- Our Directors have strong a connection with the ICT sector with many either currently or formerly employed at Telstra, IBM and other ICT companies.
- We understand the technology sector in Australia which means, for example, that our lending policies regarding contractors are much more flexible than the major banks.