Internet Banking FAQ's
Internet Banking FAQ's - Intech Credit Union
Internet Banking FAQ's
|1. Why use Internet Banking? |
|2. What services are available on Internet Banking? |
|3. Is the site secure and are my accounts protected? |
|4. What do I do if I have forgotten my password? |
|5. Are there any additional fees charged for using Internet Banking?|
|6. How do I transfer to another financial institution? |
|7. What happens if I transfer funds after hours or on weekends? |
|8. How can I access the redraw facility on Internet Banking?|
|9. What happens if I use the wrong access code? |
|10. Is there a default time set, which will log me off, if my banking session is left unattended?|
|11. Other tips. |
1. Why use Internet Banking?
Our Internet Banking is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Internet Banking gives you the freedom to:
• Pay bills when it is convenient for you
• View your transactions
• Transfer funds between your credit union accounts
• Transfer funds to other financial institutions.
2. What services are available on Internet Banking?
On our Internet banking site you can:
• Check your account balances.
• Obtain a list of transactions for past 12 months in various formats.
• View and print previous statements
• Make transfers between your own and external accounts.
• Activate your Visa Card.
• Pay bills using our BPAY facility.
• Check the interest you have earned, or paid for the current and previous financial years.
• Review your term deposit, loan and payroll details
• Review your periodical payment details
• Send/receive secure messages to/from the credit union
• Update your contact details
• Receive alerts and notifications of transactions via SMS and email
• Create your own savings and term deposit accounts
• Online loan application
• Online loan redraw
• Business Banking – Multi signature transfers
3. Is the credit union site secure and are my accounts protected?
Yes, our Internet banking site employs 128-bit encryption of data sent to and from the site, which cannot be intercepted and read by others. Encryption scrambles the data that is sent on the line to stop people who may try to tap into or hack into Internet communications. The yellow padlock on the bottom of the browser page indicates that the site is secure. The web address "https://" signifies that the members are accessing a secured address (unsecured addresses start with "http://").
4. What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
If you've forgotten your password simply phone our Customer Centre on 1300 363 007 (Overseas: +61 2 9928 2930). Once we have verified your request, your password will be reset. When you next login to Internet banking you will be requested to change your password.
5. Are there any additional fees charged for being an Internet Banking user?
No. Transfers using our Internet Banking will not incur fees. You may however be charged a fee by the institution from or to which you are transferring funds.
6. How do I transfer to another financial institution?
To transfer to another financial institution you need to log on as normal, then go into option 'Funds Transfer'. You will need the following details; BSB, account number, account name, narrative and amount. You can either choose the frequency as once only, OR weekly, fortnightly, etc which will turn it into an Auto Transfer. EFT transfer is free. Payments normally take between 24-48 hrs to be received.
7. What happens if I transfer funds after hours or on weekends?
If you are transferring funds to another account, within the credit union, the transaction will still be completed immediately, even if it is outside business hours. If the transfer is to an account outside the credit union, the available balance and transaction listing will reflect the transaction immediately. However, the funds will not be available in the external account until the next working day.
8. How can I access the redraw facility on the Internet?
To access the redraw facility log in as normal. Go to Transfers option. Choose which Loan account to transfer out of and which account to transfer into, enter amount and process.
9. If I use the wrong access code do I get barred?
You will be barred if you enter your access code incorrectly 3 times. Please call the Customer Centre on 1300 363 007 (Overseas: +61 2 9928 2930).
10. Is there a default time set, which will log me off, if my banking session is left unattended?
Yes. As a security measure, your session has been set to automatically "log out" after 10 minutes if your banking session remains unattended. Also if you close your banking session you automatically “log out.”
11. Other Tips:
• Our forms and applications are located on the website.
• It is recommended that you change your password regularly.
• Keep note of when you last logged into Internet Banking and check there are no unexpected visits.
• Never leave your computer unattended while logged in to Internet banking.